This spam email came to me this morning. Remember to be careful about NEVER clicking on links in a suspicious email. Even if you recognize the sender, you should be wary of clicking any links that feel suspicious. Things that made this email feel suspicous to me:
1) I don’t know the sender (although the name is similar enough to someone I know that it made me think twice)
2) The email is addressed to someone else than me
3) The email subject is not specific and unusual: “hello —–2K”
4) There’s an unsolicited link in the email
5) The link looks kinda spammy: “sleubo0.com”
6) I checked and the web address was just registered a few days ago with an anonymous domain registration
If you want to keep your computer clean. Never click on a link in an unsolicited email.
Here’s the full details of the email I got:
from Albert Dukes firstname.lastname@example.org
date Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 4:15 AM
subject hello —–2K
hide details 4:15 AM (6 hours ago)
I have good news for you. Last week
I have Order china 38 Products Samsung UN55B8000 55-Inch 1080p 240Hz LED HDTV
I completed bank transfer payments,I have received the product!
w e b:www.sleubo0.com
It’s amazing The item is original, brand new and has high quality,
but it’s muc cheaper. I’m pleased to share this good news with you!
I believe you will find what you want there and have an good experience
on shopping from them