When you first create a business page on Facebook, the web address or URL isn’t very pretty. It’s usually something like:
Fortunately, once you reach 25 Likes you can easily change a Facebook business page url to something shorter and nicer like this:
All you need to do is change the Facebook username for your business page. Here’s how you do that:
1) Login to Facebook under your administrator account for your business page.
2) Goto your Facebook business page.
3) Click “Edit Page” or “Edit Info” near the top of the page.
4) Click “Basic Information”
5) Change the Username to something better. Be careful, you only get to make this change once so watch for typos and make sure you’re happy with it before you save the change.
After you change the username, you should be able to see the new Facebook url in your browser’s address bar like this:
Here’s a few tips for changing your Facebook business page username:
1) Make it short.
2) Your Facebook username should be memorable.
3) It should match the common name of your business.
4) Capitalize the first letter of each word to make it more readable.
5) No spaces or special characters. Only a-z and 0-9 are allowed.
6) Double and triple check for errors before you save your new FB business page username.
Bonus Tip: Try to match your FB business username to your Twitter business username, your YouTube business username and any other social media usernames. Consistency helps with branding.